Location is key for milsoms in Dedham, close to the A12 between Colchester and Ipswich, making it the perfect place to meet friends or business colleagues at any time of day.
milsoms is a contemporary bar/brasserie with fifteen bedrooms. The restaurant is open all day with the added bonus that the full menu is always available from noon through to 9.30pm (later at the weekend), so turn up when you want no need to rush...
In the warmer weather, the restaurant spills out onto the terrace which is covered by a huge architectural sail, making outside dining a possibility whatever the weather.
milsoms has two superb meeting rooms, Mr G’s and The Library, which can be booked for private parties for lunch or dinner or hired as meeting rooms on either a daily or twenty four hour basis.
If you are looking for relaxed hotel to stay in north Essex and the Suffolk countryside, milsoms offers the ideal solution. Guests can hire bikes and canoes which is the perfect way to explore Constable country, the Dedham Vale from the river gives a completely different perspective to this beautiful part of East Anglia.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Twin ensuite room||£150.00 per room per night|
|Double ensuite room||£150.00 per room per night|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Disabled facilities
- Independent wheelchair users
- Part-time wheelchair users
Booking & Payment Details
- American Express accepted
- Christmas special programme
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Cooked Breakfast
- Evening meals
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
- Children welcome - Children welcome from any age
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- 1m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- One way system
- Outside seating
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Room service available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Cycles for hire
- Free WIFI
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Secure cycle storage
Meeting, Conference & Wedding Facilities
- Conference facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs Accepted
- Laundry/valet service
- Lounge for residents' use
- Night porter
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- WiFi or internet access
- King-sized bed
- Minibar in bedrooms
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
Map & Directions
A12 northbound (to Ipswich) take exit marked Dedham and Stratford St Mary.
Follow the road for one mile, turn right at a sharp bend sign post Dedham.
Cross the A12 bridge and Milsoms is immediately on your left hand side.