1 Queen Street,
Events at this Venue
|Sat 21 Jun||Theme Tour: Colchester's Trains, Trams and Buses|
|Sat 12 Jul||Theme Tour: The Roman Tour|
|Sat 2 Aug||Theme Tour: World War Tour|
|Sat 9 Aug||Theme Tour: The Lost Industries of Colchester|
|Sat 13 Sep||Heritage Open Days - Colchester's Architecture|
|Sat 25 Oct||Theme Tour: Bloodcurdling Colchester|
Visit Colchester Information Centre is located at 1 Queen St opposite the Castle Museum.
Contact us for the best advice on where to go, things to do, where to watch, listen, join in, eat, drink, stay and enjoy.
The centre offers hands on advice and information resource.
- Access to wheelchair users and people with disabilities as well as pushchairs.
- A large retail area for local souvenirs, gifts and treats.
- A range of gifts, souvenirs and treats made by local companies, artists and craftspeople under the 'Colchester Collection' name - unique to the information centre.
- New electronic information services.
- Ideas on things to do and places to visit locally.
- Tickets for local events.
- Bookings for guided tours.
- Help with your travel plans.
Also at the VisitColchester Information centre we provide a wide range of services for the residents of the Borough of Colchester -
- Senior railcard applications, renewals and new applications. ID required for first time application.
- Recycling bags - Garden bags and clear sacks.
- Glass recycling boxes.
- Dog waste bags.
- Trade waste recycling sacks.
- Resident parking permits.
- Visitor parking permits.
Jan - Mar - Monday - Saturday - 10am - 5pm, Closed Sundays
Apr - Jun - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 9.30am - 5pm. Wednesdays 10am - 5pm. Closed Sundays
Jul - Aug - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 9.30am - 5.30pm. Wednesdays 10am - 5.30pm. Sundays 11am - 4pm.
Sep - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 9.30am - 5pm, Wednesdays - 10am - 5pm, Closed Sundays
Oct - Dec - Monday - Saturday - 10am - 5pm. Closed Sundays.
- Gift shop
- Welcome Host
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Guided tours for individuals
- Guided tours for groups