Visit Colchester Information Centre
Visit Colchester Information Centre is located at 1 Queen St opposite the Castle Museum.
Contact us for the best advice on where to go, things to do, where to watch, listen, join in, eat, drink, stay and enjoy.
The centre offers hands on advice and information resource.
- Access to wheelchair users and people with disabilities as well as pushchairs.
- A large retail area for local souvenirs, gifts and treats.
- A range of gifts, souvenirs and treats made by local companies, artists and craftspeople under the 'Colchester Collection' name - unique to the information centre.
- New electronic information services.
- Ideas on things to do and places to visit locally.
- Tickets for local events.
- Bookings for guided tours.
- Help with your travel plans.
Also at the VisitColchester Information centre we provide a wide range of services for the residents of the Borough of Colchester -
- Senior railcard applications, renewals and new applications. ID required for first time application.
- Recycling bags - Garden bags and clear sacks.
- Glass recycling boxes.
- Dog waste bags.
- Trade waste recycling sacks.
- Resident parking permits.
- Visitor parking permits.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||Opening times -
Jan - Mar - Monday - Saturday - 10am - 5pm, Closed Sundays
Apr - Jun - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 9.30am - 5pm. Wednesdays 10am - 5pm. Closed Sundays
Jul - Aug - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 9.30am - 5.30pm. Wednesdays 10am - 5.30pm. Sundays 11am - 4pm.
Sep - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 9.30am - 5pm, Wednesdays - 10am - 5pm, Closed Sundays
Oct - Dec - Monday - Saturday - 10am - 5pm. Closed Sundays.
VenueVisit Colchester Information Centre
1 Queen Street, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2PG
Map reference: TL 999252 Lat: 51.88950 Long: 0.90352
The Visit Colchester Information Centre is Located in 1 Queen Street, opposite the Castle.
Accessible by Public Transport : 1 mile (1.6 kms) from Colchester station